Melon Ball Mojito
Summer calls for refreshing and soul soothing drinks!Only thing i love about the summer is that we can have lots of cool drinks and ice creams!This one is a killer.Really this is such an amazing drink with the freshness of lemon and mint along with frozen melon balls!Just try it out guys!The flavors
infused by the melons in that classic mojito is divine.
Each and every sip we had it by uttering yum and refreshing!hehe Truly it's that good.Here i used watermelon and sweet melon. Both are high in minerals and the best thing to have during the summer.If you are a regular reader of my blog you may know how much i love the combination of lemon,mint and soda.Here you can skip the soda and mix any other juice along with this and name it as Melon Ball Punch!
In this recipe we have to freeze the melon balls . So If you are planning to make this,first what you need to do is scoop out the melons,line them in a baking tray and freeze it until firm.Then make sugar syrup and chill it.Assembling part is very simple.I think i have to store some fresh fruits like this in freezer from now on wards,so whenever craving for such refreshing drink i can just mix and have a sip.
What i did was just mixed everything in a pitcher and refrigerate it for 1 hour.By this time the melons infuse its flavor in it and also defrost,so we can enjoy the pieces while sipping!When we are about to drink pour the soda and serve.Kids too enjoyed it as much as we did.For the younger one i didn't add soda.
How cute they are looking isn't it?You can serve it as a salad too.As dressing squeeze some lemon juice,sugar,some green chilies mint and a pinch of salt.I tired it and was yum.
Over to the recipe
- Juice of 2 big lemon (if you are using small take 3 or 4)
- 1/2 cup + 2tbsp sugar
- 1 n 1/2 cup water
- Some mint leaves
- 3 or 4 pieces lemon wedges
- Water melon scoop out as balls
- Sweet Melon scoop out as balls
- Soda 3/4 of a can
- Some ice cubes and chilled water
- First scoop out the melons and line it on a baking tray freeze it until firm.
- Prepare simple sugar syrup by melting sugar and water.Chill it
- Now in a pitcher throw in few ice cubes(only few of them because we are adding frozen melon balls here)and some of the balls
- Then Pour lemon juice and simple syrup.Here i muddled 3,4 pieces watermelon and added just for that light pink color.Pour some more water if you need more juice and then mix it.If you like it sweeter add more sugar .Because after adding soda it will not that sweet.Add lemon wedges and mint leaves.
- Let it sit in refrigerator for at-least 1/2 an hour just for the melons to infuse it's flavor in it.
- When its time to serve pour half to 3/4th can of soda and mix well.
- Pour in the glass and put some balls in it and serve it with a straw and spoon to have the balls.
It was light pink color when i served later.Such an amazing treat to the eyes and refreshing to our tummy! We can't eat much during summer,so a big glass of such drinks with some pieces in it
is enough to boost our energy level in a sunny day isn't it??