Creamy Carrot Custard with Sago
This is something you will like to have even if you don't like carrot juice!Creamy,sweet drink with the goodness of carrots and small bits of sago in every single sip.Just like an easy version of carrot Kheer/payasam in drink form.
When ever we have a party or special occasions, we are always confused about the welcome drink to be served!right?Here is a healthy and yummy drink that every guest will be pleased!The shake itself is thick and creamy as we are blending the boiled carrot in it.The addition of sago makes it little more creamier and thicker.If you don't like or find sago replace it with vermicelli.
Carrot provides vitamin A and lots of other health benefits like improves vision,slow down aging,promote healthier skin,prevent heart disease,cleanse the body and many more.I remember how mom used to make us drink carrot juice every day by saying it's good for the growing child,but that was just blending carrot,sugar and milk together.
Hope you will like it!
- 3 medium carrots boiled
- 4 tbsp condensed milk
- Sugar as required
- 3 to 3-1/2 cups Chilled Milk
- A handful of sago
- Small piece of banana(optl)
- Soak sago for 2 to 3 hours ,boil and drain it.Keep it aside.
- Cut the carrots and boil it until soft.Let it cool completely
- Put the pieces of carrot,condensed milk and 1/2 cup milk in a blender and blend it all until it becomes smooth.Then add rest of the milk banana and sugar and blend to a smooth creamy shake.
- Pour it to a jug mix the sago with this and let it chill for 2 hours.
- Serve chilled with fried nuts and cornflakes on top.Drizzle some chocolate syrup if needed!
Can you see the cute transparent sago there?A refreshing and yummy treat!
Hope you will enjoy this as we did!