Chicken Omelette Fingers.
You don't believe what i'm going to share today!Seriously it's super simple and a delicious treat!Especially if you have a surprize guest, this is an ideal treat to surprize them with your magic! Any idea what i'm talking about?
Yes the base is an omelette!Can u believe it?Trust me it's an awesome treat in a jiffy!Actually i had it from my friend's place and there she made it just with omelette,and then fired by coating it in bread crumbs.But still i found something missing in it so i just recreated the recipe by adding some spices and chicken in it and the result was awesome!Not even a single person gonna realize you are using an omelette here!Thank you Shamshad for this great idea!We loved it!
This treat saved me the last day iftar without mess!It's a quick process actually!I used to keep some chicken cooked and refrigerate to make life easier,so that it will be easy for us to make something in a hurry!
Here omelettes are cooked along with some boiled chicken,spices and lemon.Then when it's cool completely cut it in long strips of 1 inch dip it in egg white coat it in bread crumbs and fry.
- 3 eggs
- 1 onion
- 1small tomato
- Lots of coriander leaves
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp chilly flakes
- 1 tsp garlic
- 1 tsp oregano/italian seasoning
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Some pieces of boiled chicken.(boil chicken with chilly powder,salt.ginger,garlic and soya sauce)
- Egg white
- bread crumbs
- some cornflour
- Oil for frying
- Here most important - you will need a small pan,because we need a thick omelette and not the thin one.(If it's thin you can't handle it while coating it.)
- Finely chop the veggies,cut boiled chicken in bite size pieces keep aside(don't shred the chicken)
- In a bowl put together all the ingredients and mix well.
- In a small pan pour a tsp of oil and pour1/2 of the egg mix ,spread the veggies and chicken evenly.(the thickness should be at least 1 inch.)
- Cook it very nicely on both side,
- Transfer it to a plate and repeat...In a small pan i got two omelettes.
- Before cutting it to strips you have to cool it completely.(this is for neat cutting)
- In a plate mix some bread crumbs and cornflour ,.Dip the strips in egg whites then coat it in breadcrumbs(i double coated it to get a thick outer cover)
- Then fry it in hot oil and serve it hot!
I bet you are gonna love me for this recipe!haha!Really it's something different and simple.You can also make it without chicken if you are really in a hurry.(make sure it's well seasoned)But i loved it with chicken!
Do try it and please let me know how it comes out for you!A very quick and simple treat for iftar